Heritage Niagara

Battle Ground Hotel Museum

Location

6137 Lundy’s Lane
Niagara Falls
Ontario
L2G 1T4

Next Event

No upcoming events
Loading Map....

The Battle Ground Hotel Museum is located on the hallowed grounds of the Lundy’s Lane Battlefield, National Historic Site. The building was bequeathed to the City of Niagara Falls on the death of the prior owner, Ruth Redmond. She was a retired school teacher who purchased buildings on Lundy’s Lane in order to preserve our heritage in the face of modern development. The restored 1850’s tavern displays furnished period rooms and artefacts from the War of 1812. Visitors to the site are given a presentation about village tavern life and early tourism’s fascination with the famed battlefield. The Battle Ground Hotel Museum is the only illustration of a 19th Century inn which exists as a product of the commemoration of the War of 1812, and also as an element of early Ontario tourism. A tower with an observation deck used to be on the property from where early tourists who came to visit the battlefield could have a better view of the area.

Upcoming Events

No events in this location
Skip to content